Since we have so many more eBooks than audio or print, I decided to go with our top 25 titles of 2017. You’ll find a mixture of genres and authors here, but notably non-fiction is still holding the top spots – notably true crime titles and biographies do well also. Clive Barker (no surprise) has several slots, but congratulations to Deborah Morgan, Bill Crider, and Brian Pinkerton for breaking onto this list. Survivor’s Game – a book I wrote with Holocaust Survivor David Karmi, is also on the list, as is my collaboration with Stacy Childs – the medical sports thriller Block 10 and my own novel Nevermore – all of which makes me happy. Dominant this year were the submarine thrillers of Michael DiMercurio…it was a very good year, and 2018 looks to be even better. Thanks to all of you who buy and read… below are a couple of links… one to our current best selling titles at Amazon – and one to our titles at Amazon that are enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program – there are a LOT Of them, and if you are a KU subscriber I hope you’ll consider checking some of them out… over 400 available titles in that program. If you are NOT part of that program, but read a lot, you might want to give it a look…
CROSSROAD PRESS CURRENT KINDLE BOOKS
CROSSROAD PRESS KINDLE UNLIMITED
And don’t forget to check out the new Crossroad Press Website & Store!
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost
- Attack of the Seawolf by Michael DiMercurio
- Murder of Innocence: The Tragic Life and Final Rampage of Laurie Dann by Joel Kaplan and George Papajohn
- Phoenix Sub Zero by Michael DiMercurio
- Perfect Husband: The True Story of the Trusting Bride Who Discovered Her Husband Was a Coldblooded Killer – by Gary Provost
- Death is a Cabaret by Deborah Morgan
- Dead on the Island by Bill Crider
- Barracuda Final Bearing by Michael DiMercurio
- Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton
- Fatal Dosage by Gary Provost
- Piranha Firing Point by Michael DiMercurio
- Survivor’s Game by David Karmi
- Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump—His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell and James Rutherford
- Underground by Craig Spector
- Nevermore by David Niall Wilson
- Betty Grable: The Reluctant Movie Queen by Doug Warren
- Dystopia by Richard Christian Matheson
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe
- The Tragic Secret Life of Jayne Mansfield by Raymond Strait
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Cabal by Clive Barker
- Block 10 by Stacy Childs & David Niall Wilson
- Lou’s On First by Chris Costello and Raymond Strait
- Warday by James Kunetka & Whitley Strieber
- Bender – by Brian Pinkerton
Print editions of our books continue to be a conundrum. Nearly every time we post about a new digital book, dozens of folks say – will there be a print edition? Then, after the hours and hours of extra labor to make it so (and expense per year per title to keep them live) no one buys them. Very seriously – the numbers are staggeringly low. Most of our sales go to the authors themselves for sales at conventions… independent stores want to buy through the distributor, but we can’t offer 50 to 55% off cover price without pricing them ridiculously high, and we would go out of business if we accepted returns. We have begun moving our trade paperbacks to the new Amazon KDP print program, which will work out much better all around… That said – we DID sell books in print last year. Big winner on fiction is Jack Ketchum – and you’ll note that occult and metaphysical non-fiction titles rule the rest of the list… I give you the top 15 selling print book titles from Crossroad Press (with links to Amazon because although I have loaded 1100 books of our 1500 plus into the new store, not all of these are among them so far… onward into 2018!
- ESP Wars: East & West by Edwin C May, Victor Rubel, Joseph W McMoneagle, and Loyd Auerbach
- The Great Apparitions of Mary: An Examination of Twenty-Two Supranormal Appearances by Ingo Swann
- Fractured Spirits: Hauntings at the Peoria State Hospital by Sylvia Shults
- The Ultimate Time Machine by Joseph McMoneagle
- Vermont’s Haunts: Tall Tales and True from the Green Mountain State by Joseph A. Citro
- Stranglehold by Jack Ketchum
- Everyone Dies in the End by by Brian Katcher
- The Stargate Chronicles: Memoirs of a Psychic Spy by Joseph McMoneagle
- The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics by David Wallechinsky and Jaime Loucky
- The Crossings: A Terrifying Novel of the Old West by Jack Ketchum
- Closing Time and Other Stories by Jack Ketchum
- Mind Trek by Joseph McMoneagle
- Miraculous Journey by Anne and Whitley Strieber
- Temporary Hauntings by Craig Shaw Gardner
- Trumped!: The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump-His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell & James Rutherford
These are the top ten audiobook titles currently from Crossroad Press! Check them out at Audible.com / Amazon.com and on iTunes!
Crossroad Press, in conjunction with the good folks over at Webundle.It, are pleased to present a bundle of Thriller novels from some fo the bestselling authors in the field. At Webundle.It you pay what you want for the first four novels. If you reach the $13 bonus level, you get all eight novels for as little as $13. This bundle, bought individually, would cost nearly $40. This is a huge savings. The books are available in ePub / Mobi and PDF formats.
Featured in this bundle are three BRAND NEW original Crossroad Press novels – Case White – by Pulitzer nominated author Thomas Sullivan, City of Knives by NYT Bestselling author William Bayer, and The Boys of The Dixie Pig from Crossroad Press discovery Stacy Childs, who is making quite a splash in the world of medical thrillers (starting with his debut novel Block 10 – also available from Crossroad Press). Adding to this bundle are books available for the first time in digital – John Farris’ Dragonfly, Irving Wallace’s The Seventh Secret, and San Francisco filmmaker and author James Dalessandro’s classis 1906 (a historical mystery / thriller set against the 1906 SF earthquake – the anniversary of which is coming up in April!).
Rounding off this bundle is Advise and Consent, from bestselling author Allen Drury. Great reads from amazing authors, and at a huge savings. Please – pass this along to your friends, share this post – send it to family and friends, and bu your own bundle soon.