Crossroad Press’ own PATRICIA LEE MACOMBER will be curating a storybundle of COZY MYSTERY titles for Storybundle.com starting today. These storybundles are a great way to discover new books and authors at a very reasonable price, while also supporting some worthwhile charities. What follows is the actual blog post that will appear at Storybundle.com – I couldn’t say it better – starting with a note from Patricia Lee Macomber:
I can think of no better cure for the winter blues than curling up with a good book. In that vein, here are fourteen great books by nine great authors. This Cozy Mystery Bundle offers a variety of books to appeal to a broad range of readers, each of them hand-picked by me. And as always, you decide the price you pay. And please keep in mind that a portion of the proceeds goes to charity.
Here there are happy characters and dark, humor and suspense. You can get a good dose of ah-ha moments and a few prickles of fear. The bundle includes my own book, Murder, Sometimes, the first book in the Jason Callahan supernatural mystery series. It also includes books by perennial favorites, Bill Crider and Ed Gorman, as well as some new and rising stars. There are two boxed sets included in this bundle, as well, bringing the total number of books to fourteen.
This bundle only runs for three weeks, so you’d better get ’em while they’re hot. There is no better way to give the gift of reading to your friends, too. The first five books are available for the nominal price of $5 (or more if you’re in a charitable mood) and for $14 (or more if you’re in a charitable mood) you will receive the four bonus books. – Patricia Lee Macomber
The initial titles in the bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- A Minor Case of Murder by Jeff Markowitz
- Deadly Blessings by Julie Hyzy
- The Kewpie Killer by Falafel Jones
- Lexy Baker Cozy Mysteries Boxed Set 1-4 by Leighann Dobbs
- Murder, Sometimes by Patricia Lee Macomber
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $14, you’ll get another four books:
- One Dead Dean by Bill Crider
- The McKinleys Mystery Series Boxed Set 1-3 by Carolyn Arnold
- New Improved Murder by Ed Gorman
- Death is a Cabaret by Deborah Morgan
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re you’re getting fourteen total books (which includes two boxed sets)!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, Tweet us at @storybundle, Like us on Facebook, and Plus us on Google Plus. For press inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.