These are the top selling Audiobooks from Crossroad Press in January… a very eclectic mix, I think… You can find all of the Crossroad Press Audiobooks at Audible – also available at Amazon and iTunes.
The Tournament of Supervillainy by C. T. Phipps, series narration by Jeffrey Kafer. No surprise here, making the top ten list in all three editions. These books are hilarious, engaging, and memorable… you’ll notice that #3 is The Rules of Supervillainy, the first book in the series and also present is the second book in the series, The Games of Supervillainy. Charles also makes it into the top ten with the first in a very different, dark fantasy series, Wraith Knight, narrated by Peter Berkrot.
Robert Monroe’s Journeys out of the Body and The Ultimate Journey, both narrated by Kevin Pierce, are constant sellers for us. Robert founded The Monroe Institute, and was a pioneer in out of body, remote viewing, and other psychic phenomena.
Clive Barker is on the list with tree titles. Weaveworld and Imajica, narrated by the immensely talented and award-winning Simon Vance, And the Books of Blood, Volume 1 – narrated by Simon Vance, Dick Hill, Peter Berkrot, Jeffrey Kafer, Chet Williamson and Chris Patton.
And finally, in the True Crime genre, we have DYING TO GET MARRIED – The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch – written by Ellen Harris and narrated by Lee Ann Howlett .
These are the titles that sold the most copies in print editions for the month of January.
TRUMPED – The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump – His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall… available also in eBook and unabridged audio.
The Tournament of Supervillainy – Book 5 in C. T. Phipps snarky, engaging series. Check out all the books of Supervillainy in eBook, print, and unabridged audio.
The Paris Book – by Robert Risch – Historical fiction about Hemingway’s last novel.
SARGE! – Cases of a Chicago Police Detective Sergeant in the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s – a memoir written by John A. DiMaggio, available in eBook and Print – audiobook available in February.
The Light at the End – the original Splatterpunk novel of New York, subways, and the undead by John Skipp & Craig Spector.
The Stargate Chronicles – Memoirs of a Psychic Spy – by Joseph W. McMoneagle – Remote Viewer #1 in the US Government’s Stargate program.
High in the Mid-60s by Rick Levy – How to Have a Fabulous Life in Music Without Being Famous. Stories from a long, amazing life in the music business.
Redemptor – Book 4 of the Valducan series by Seth Skorkowsky. Demons, cults, holy weapons and action packed adventure.
Savaging the Dark – by Christopher Conlon – Murder, madness, and forbidden love – over 100 recommendations on Goodreads.
Hitting the top ten in eBooks AND print is C. T. Phipps’ Cthulhu Armageddon – book on in the series of the same name… the old west meats the Great Old Ones…
These are the top ten eBook’s from Crossroad Press for January 2019. A little bit of something for everyone. Most of these are in eBook, print and audio. Bestseller lists for Print and Audio to follow.
For you Stargate fans… Stargate author Patricia Lee Macomber offers STAR QUEST: The Journey Begins.
Read about Donald Trump’s failure with his casino in Vegas in TRUMPED! by John R. O’donnell and James Rutherford.
Travel through the old west in Caspion and the White Buffalo as the huge herds are hunted and slaughtered… historical fiction with a touch of romance.
A man running for his life to protect something that could topple a government. He has to survive a brutal wilderness, and the men trying to kill him in Duncan McGeary’s Deadfall Ridge.
The earth has been overrun by powerful ancient beings. The last dregs of mankind, brutal, pumped up with magic, and doomed fight for their existence as The Gunslinger meets the Mountains of Madness in Cthulhu Armageddon – book one in this apocalyptic series by C. T. Phipps.
C. T. Phipps makes it into the top ten twice more in January with The Rules of Supervillainy and The Tournament of Supervillainy – follow the adventures of Gary Karkofsky – Merciless, the Supervillain without mercy… as he tries to figure out why all of his evil plans keep making him a hero.
No stranger to the top ten for us, Clive Barker has two entries as well – the Magical Weaveworld – and the first volume of his Books of Blood – a series that will soon make its way to television.
Since we have so many more eBooks than audio or print, I decided to go with our top 25 titles of 2017. You’ll find a mixture of genres and authors here, but notably non-fiction is still holding the top spots – notably true crime titles and biographies do well also. Clive Barker (no surprise) has several slots, but congratulations to Deborah Morgan, Bill Crider, and Brian Pinkerton for breaking onto this list. Survivor’s Game – a book I wrote with Holocaust Survivor David Karmi, is also on the list, as is my collaboration with Stacy Childs – the medical sports thriller Block 10 and my own novel Nevermore – all of which makes me happy. Dominant this year were the submarine thrillers of Michael DiMercurio…it was a very good year, and 2018 looks to be even better. Thanks to all of you who buy and read… below are a couple of links… one to our current best selling titles at Amazon – and one to our titles at Amazon that are enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program – there are a LOT Of them, and if you are a KU subscriber I hope you’ll consider checking some of them out… over 400 available titles in that program. If you are NOT part of that program, but read a lot, you might want to give it a look…
CROSSROAD PRESS CURRENT KINDLE BOOKS
CROSSROAD PRESS KINDLE UNLIMITED
And don’t forget to check out the new Crossroad Press Website & Store!
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost
- Attack of the Seawolf by Michael DiMercurio
- Murder of Innocence: The Tragic Life and Final Rampage of Laurie Dann by Joel Kaplan and George Papajohn
- Phoenix Sub Zero by Michael DiMercurio
- Perfect Husband: The True Story of the Trusting Bride Who Discovered Her Husband Was a Coldblooded Killer – by Gary Provost
- Death is a Cabaret by Deborah Morgan
- Dead on the Island by Bill Crider
- Barracuda Final Bearing by Michael DiMercurio
- Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton
- Fatal Dosage by Gary Provost
- Piranha Firing Point by Michael DiMercurio
- Survivor’s Game by David Karmi
- Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump—His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell and James Rutherford
- Underground by Craig Spector
- Nevermore by David Niall Wilson
- Betty Grable: The Reluctant Movie Queen by Doug Warren
- Dystopia by Richard Christian Matheson
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe
- The Tragic Secret Life of Jayne Mansfield by Raymond Strait
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Cabal by Clive Barker
- Block 10 by Stacy Childs & David Niall Wilson
- Lou’s On First by Chris Costello and Raymond Strait
- Warday by James Kunetka & Whitley Strieber
- Bender – by Brian Pinkerton
Print editions of our books continue to be a conundrum. Nearly every time we post about a new digital book, dozens of folks say – will there be a print edition? Then, after the hours and hours of extra labor to make it so (and expense per year per title to keep them live) no one buys them. Very seriously – the numbers are staggeringly low. Most of our sales go to the authors themselves for sales at conventions… independent stores want to buy through the distributor, but we can’t offer 50 to 55% off cover price without pricing them ridiculously high, and we would go out of business if we accepted returns. We have begun moving our trade paperbacks to the new Amazon KDP print program, which will work out much better all around… That said – we DID sell books in print last year. Big winner on fiction is Jack Ketchum – and you’ll note that occult and metaphysical non-fiction titles rule the rest of the list… I give you the top 15 selling print book titles from Crossroad Press (with links to Amazon because although I have loaded 1100 books of our 1500 plus into the new store, not all of these are among them so far… onward into 2018!
- ESP Wars: East & West by Edwin C May, Victor Rubel, Joseph W McMoneagle, and Loyd Auerbach
- The Great Apparitions of Mary: An Examination of Twenty-Two Supranormal Appearances by Ingo Swann
- Fractured Spirits: Hauntings at the Peoria State Hospital by Sylvia Shults
- The Ultimate Time Machine by Joseph McMoneagle
- Vermont’s Haunts: Tall Tales and True from the Green Mountain State by Joseph A. Citro
- Stranglehold by Jack Ketchum
- Everyone Dies in the End by by Brian Katcher
- The Stargate Chronicles: Memoirs of a Psychic Spy by Joseph McMoneagle
- The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics by David Wallechinsky and Jaime Loucky
- The Crossings: A Terrifying Novel of the Old West by Jack Ketchum
- Closing Time and Other Stories by Jack Ketchum
- Mind Trek by Joseph McMoneagle
- Miraculous Journey by Anne and Whitley Strieber
- Temporary Hauntings by Craig Shaw Gardner
- Trumped!: The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump-His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell & James Rutherford
It should come as no surprise that Clive Barker’s audiobooks continue to dominate our sales, but the good news for us, our authors, and our narrators is that a: A lot of people got to help with the narration of those books and b: a lot of our other books have started to give them competition. I would also like to congratulate the narrators with the most success – Simon Vance, Kevin Pierce, Chet Williamson and Jeffrey Kafer. Below is a list of the top 25 bestselling audiobooks from Crossroad Press. Remember, if you buy your eBook first (particularly when said eBook is on sale) you can buy the audio at a discount in the Whispersync for voice program from Amazon – and if you are an Audible Member, all our books can be had for a single membership credit. If you have NEVER bought a book from Audible, the firs tone is free, and there are some great suggestions below. Many thanks to Jeffrey Kafer, who is the audio engineer who masters all of our audio files.
You can find our CURRENT bestselling audio (and all 550 titles) at THIS LINK … happy listening, and welcome to 2018!
- Imajica by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- Weaveworld by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- The Books of Blood – Volume 1 by Clive Barker – Narrated by
- Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- Great & Secret Show by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- The Hellbound Heart:by Clive Barker – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Far Journeys by Robert Monroe – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- THE DAMNATION GAME by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter – Narrated by Johnny Heller
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker – Narrated by Adam Verner
- The Books of Blood – Volume 2 by Clive Barker – Narrated by Hillary Huber, John Lee, Peter Bishop, Peter Berkrot, Jeffrey Kafer, and Chris Patton
- Everville: The Second Book of “the Art” by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- Cabal by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- Aliens in the Backyard – UFOs, Abductions, and Synchronicity by Rob MacGregor & Trish MacGregor – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- The Hellbound Heart[ by Clive Barker (abridged – narrated by the author)
- Blood Moon – A Robert Payne Mystery by Ed Gorman Narrated by Mark Douglas Nelson
- The Books of Blood – Volume 3 by Clive Barker Narrated by Chris Patton, Scott Brick, Xe Sands, Jeffrey Kafer, and Peter Bishop
- Cthulhu Armageddon by C.T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer