Last, but not least, we have our top-selling paperbacks for 2019. We don’t have a lot of hardcovers, so we’re skipping that this year, but paperbacks we’ve got. I have to say, for all the “I hate digital, I only like the feel of paper, will it be coming out in print? I only buy print books” comments that I find it odd how few print books actually do well. I can tell you without doubt that – had sales already been reported on F. Paul Wilson’s The Last Christmas, it would have been topping this list, and on all of our top 25 lists, so next year I suspect will be the year of Repairman Jack… I’m happy to present a very diverse list here of the top 25 Trade Paperback titles for Crossroad Press in 2019!
I have a particular love for audiobooks. We started out with very little knowledge and a lot of ambition. Without Jeffrey Kafer, who has acted as narrator, sound engineer, sometimes cover creator and technical adviser for audio, we’d never have gotten this far. Without the wonderful folks at ACX and all the help they’ve offered over the years we would also not be here. We’ve sold more than a quarter of a million audiobooks, and are approaching our 700th completed audiobook through ACX and Audible. Here is a list of the top 25 bestselling audiobooks for 2019:
The Thief of Always by Clive Barker – Narrated by Adam Verner
Every year we try to give a shout-out to the books and authors who performed the best over the past year, and 2019 will be no exception. Keep in mind that some of the top books were fortunate enough to receive a leg up from Bookbub promotions, and that can make a significant difference. In fact, if you want to support authors, one of the best, simplest, and least obtrusive ways to do that is to follow them on Bookbub. You will only be notified if that author has a new book come out, or a Bookbub “deal” but a large number of followers allows them to take advantage of promotions they would otherwise be ineligible for. Reviews are also important – not long, book-report like reviews, but a line or two and some stars to help qualify them for the higher-end promotions. That is the end of my “help our authors” note—here is the list of the top 25 eBooks from Crossroad Press for 2019:
These are the top ten bestselling audiobooks from Crossroad Press for the month of February… you’ll note that the month was dominated by a couple of authors, and a couple of narrators, C. T. Phipps and Clive Barker, for the authors and Jeffrey Kafer and Simon Vance for narration… Remember, most of our books are “Whispersync” ready – meaning you can buy the eBook at Amazon and usually get the audiobook at a discounted price.
- The Rules of Supervillainy by C. T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- The Tournament of Supervillainy by C. T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Journeys Out of the Body – by Robert Monroe – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- The Games of Supervillainy – by C. T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Weaveworld – by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- The Great & Secret Show – by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- Imajica – by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- The Secrets of Supervillainy (starting to see a pattern here…) by C. T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Cthulhu Armageddon – by C. T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Dying to Get Married: The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch – by Ellen Harris – Narrated by Lee Ann Howlett
These are our top selling eBooks for the month of February. A good mix of our original titles, some constant sellers, and new faces… Many of these are also available in print, and unabridged audio editions.
- “Please… Don’t Kill Me”: The True Story of the Milo Murders – by William C. Dear & Carlton Stowers
- Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump – His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall – by John R. O’Donnell and James Rutherford
- Blue Devil Island – by Stephen Mark Rainey
- Vertical Dive – By Michael DiMercurio
- Weaveworld – by Clive Barker
- Deadfall Ridge – by Duncan McGeary
- The Tournament of Supervillainy – by C. T. Phipps
- Star Quest: The Journey Begins – by Patricia Lee Macomber
- Cthulhu Armageddon – by C. T. Phipps
- A Midnight Dreary – The DeChance Chronicles Volume V by David Niall Wilson
These are the top selling Audiobooks from Crossroad Press in January… a very eclectic mix, I think… You can find all of the Crossroad Press Audiobooks at Audible – also available at Amazon and iTunes.
The Tournament of Supervillainy by C. T. Phipps, series narration by Jeffrey Kafer. No surprise here, making the top ten list in all three editions. These books are hilarious, engaging, and memorable… you’ll notice that #3 is The Rules of Supervillainy, the first book in the series and also present is the second book in the series, The Games of Supervillainy. Charles also makes it into the top ten with the first in a very different, dark fantasy series, Wraith Knight, narrated by Peter Berkrot.
Robert Monroe’s Journeys out of the Body and The Ultimate Journey, both narrated by Kevin Pierce, are constant sellers for us. Robert founded The Monroe Institute, and was a pioneer in out of body, remote viewing, and other psychic phenomena.
Clive Barker is on the list with tree titles. Weaveworld and Imajica, narrated by the immensely talented and award-winning Simon Vance, And the Books of Blood, Volume 1 – narrated by Simon Vance, Dick Hill, Peter Berkrot, Jeffrey Kafer, Chet Williamson and Chris Patton.
And finally, in the True Crime genre, we have DYING TO GET MARRIED – The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch – written by Ellen Harris and narrated by Lee Ann Howlett .
These are the titles that sold the most copies in print editions for the month of January.
TRUMPED – The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump – His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall… available also in eBook and unabridged audio.
The Tournament of Supervillainy – Book 5 in C. T. Phipps snarky, engaging series. Check out all the books of Supervillainy in eBook, print, and unabridged audio.
The Paris Book – by Robert Risch – Historical fiction about Hemingway’s last novel.
SARGE! – Cases of a Chicago Police Detective Sergeant in the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s – a memoir written by John A. DiMaggio, available in eBook and Print – audiobook available in February.
The Light at the End – the original Splatterpunk novel of New York, subways, and the undead by John Skipp & Craig Spector.
The Stargate Chronicles – Memoirs of a Psychic Spy – by Joseph W. McMoneagle – Remote Viewer #1 in the US Government’s Stargate program.
High in the Mid-60s by Rick Levy – How to Have a Fabulous Life in Music Without Being Famous. Stories from a long, amazing life in the music business.
Redemptor – Book 4 of the Valducan series by Seth Skorkowsky. Demons, cults, holy weapons and action packed adventure.
Savaging the Dark – by Christopher Conlon – Murder, madness, and forbidden love – over 100 recommendations on Goodreads.
Hitting the top ten in eBooks AND print is C. T. Phipps’ Cthulhu Armageddon – book on in the series of the same name… the old west meats the Great Old Ones…
These are the top ten eBook’s from Crossroad Press for January 2019. A little bit of something for everyone. Most of these are in eBook, print and audio. Bestseller lists for Print and Audio to follow.
Read about Donald Trump’s failure with his casino in Vegas in TRUMPED! by John R. O’donnell and James Rutherford.
Travel through the old west in Caspion and the White Buffalo as the huge herds are hunted and slaughtered… historical fiction with a touch of romance.
A man running for his life to protect something that could topple a government. He has to survive a brutal wilderness, and the men trying to kill him in Duncan McGeary’s Deadfall Ridge.
The earth has been overrun by powerful ancient beings. The last dregs of mankind, brutal, pumped up with magic, and doomed fight for their existence as The Gunslinger meets the Mountains of Madness in Cthulhu Armageddon – book one in this apocalyptic series by C. T. Phipps.
C. T. Phipps makes it into the top ten twice more in January with The Rules of Supervillainy and The Tournament of Supervillainy – follow the adventures of Gary Karkofsky – Merciless, the Supervillain without mercy… as he tries to figure out why all of his evil plans keep making him a hero.
These are the top ten print editions as of December 25, 2018. A wide variety with something for everyone:
The Buzzard Zone by Ronald Kelly
Caspion & The White Buffalo by Melvin Litotn
Vermont’s Haunts by Joseph Citro
The Stargate Chronicles by Joseph McMoneagle
The Light at the End by John Skipp & Craig Spector
Fire Aloft by Rev DiCerto and Duncan Eagleson
Since we have so many more eBooks than audio or print, I decided to go with our top 25 titles of 2017. You’ll find a mixture of genres and authors here, but notably non-fiction is still holding the top spots – notably true crime titles and biographies do well also. Clive Barker (no surprise) has several slots, but congratulations to Deborah Morgan, Bill Crider, and Brian Pinkerton for breaking onto this list. Survivor’s Game – a book I wrote with Holocaust Survivor David Karmi, is also on the list, as is my collaboration with Stacy Childs – the medical sports thriller Block 10 and my own novel Nevermore – all of which makes me happy. Dominant this year were the submarine thrillers of Michael DiMercurio…it was a very good year, and 2018 looks to be even better. Thanks to all of you who buy and read… below are a couple of links… one to our current best selling titles at Amazon – and one to our titles at Amazon that are enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program – there are a LOT Of them, and if you are a KU subscriber I hope you’ll consider checking some of them out… over 400 available titles in that program. If you are NOT part of that program, but read a lot, you might want to give it a look…
And don’t forget to check out the new Crossroad Press Website & Store!
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost
- Attack of the Seawolf by Michael DiMercurio
- Murder of Innocence: The Tragic Life and Final Rampage of Laurie Dann by Joel Kaplan and George Papajohn
- Phoenix Sub Zero by Michael DiMercurio
- Perfect Husband: The True Story of the Trusting Bride Who Discovered Her Husband Was a Coldblooded Killer – by Gary Provost
- Death is a Cabaret by Deborah Morgan
- Dead on the Island by Bill Crider
- Barracuda Final Bearing by Michael DiMercurio
- Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton
- Fatal Dosage by Gary Provost
- Piranha Firing Point by Michael DiMercurio
- Survivor’s Game by David Karmi
- Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump—His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell and James Rutherford
- Underground by Craig Spector
- Nevermore by David Niall Wilson
- Betty Grable: The Reluctant Movie Queen by Doug Warren
- Dystopia by Richard Christian Matheson
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe
- The Tragic Secret Life of Jayne Mansfield by Raymond Strait
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Cabal by Clive Barker
- Block 10 by Stacy Childs & David Niall Wilson
- Lou’s On First by Chris Costello and Raymond Strait
- Warday by James Kunetka & Whitley Strieber
- Bender – by Brian Pinkerton