Since we have so many more eBooks than audio or print, I decided to go with our top 25 titles of 2017. You’ll find a mixture of genres and authors here, but notably non-fiction is still holding the top spots – notably true crime titles and biographies do well also. Clive Barker (no surprise) has several slots, but congratulations to Deborah Morgan, Bill Crider, and Brian Pinkerton for breaking onto this list. Survivor’s Game – a book I wrote with Holocaust Survivor David Karmi, is also on the list, as is my collaboration with Stacy Childs – the medical sports thriller Block 10 and my own novel Nevermore – all of which makes me happy. Dominant this year were the submarine thrillers of Michael DiMercurio…it was a very good year, and 2018 looks to be even better. Thanks to all of you who buy and read… below are a couple of links… one to our current best selling titles at Amazon – and one to our titles at Amazon that are enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program – there are a LOT Of them, and if you are a KU subscriber I hope you’ll consider checking some of them out… over 400 available titles in that program. If you are NOT part of that program, but read a lot, you might want to give it a look…
CROSSROAD PRESS CURRENT KINDLE BOOKS
CROSSROAD PRESS KINDLE UNLIMITED
And don’t forget to check out the new Crossroad Press Website & Store!
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost
- Attack of the Seawolf by Michael DiMercurio
- Murder of Innocence: The Tragic Life and Final Rampage of Laurie Dann by Joel Kaplan and George Papajohn
- Phoenix Sub Zero by Michael DiMercurio
- Perfect Husband: The True Story of the Trusting Bride Who Discovered Her Husband Was a Coldblooded Killer – by Gary Provost
- Death is a Cabaret by Deborah Morgan
- Dead on the Island by Bill Crider
- Barracuda Final Bearing by Michael DiMercurio
- Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton
- Fatal Dosage by Gary Provost
- Piranha Firing Point by Michael DiMercurio
- Survivor’s Game by David Karmi
- Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump—His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell and James Rutherford
- Underground by Craig Spector
- Nevermore by David Niall Wilson
- Betty Grable: The Reluctant Movie Queen by Doug Warren
- Dystopia by Richard Christian Matheson
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe
- The Tragic Secret Life of Jayne Mansfield by Raymond Strait
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
- Cabal by Clive Barker
- Block 10 by Stacy Childs & David Niall Wilson
- Lou’s On First by Chris Costello and Raymond Strait
- Warday by James Kunetka & Whitley Strieber
- Bender – by Brian Pinkerton
Print editions of our books continue to be a conundrum. Nearly every time we post about a new digital book, dozens of folks say – will there be a print edition? Then, after the hours and hours of extra labor to make it so (and expense per year per title to keep them live) no one buys them. Very seriously – the numbers are staggeringly low. Most of our sales go to the authors themselves for sales at conventions… independent stores want to buy through the distributor, but we can’t offer 50 to 55% off cover price without pricing them ridiculously high, and we would go out of business if we accepted returns. We have begun moving our trade paperbacks to the new Amazon KDP print program, which will work out much better all around… That said – we DID sell books in print last year. Big winner on fiction is Jack Ketchum – and you’ll note that occult and metaphysical non-fiction titles rule the rest of the list… I give you the top 15 selling print book titles from Crossroad Press (with links to Amazon because although I have loaded 1100 books of our 1500 plus into the new store, not all of these are among them so far… onward into 2018!
- ESP Wars: East & West by Edwin C May, Victor Rubel, Joseph W McMoneagle, and Loyd Auerbach
- The Great Apparitions of Mary: An Examination of Twenty-Two Supranormal Appearances by Ingo Swann
- Fractured Spirits: Hauntings at the Peoria State Hospital by Sylvia Shults
- The Ultimate Time Machine by Joseph McMoneagle
- Vermont’s Haunts: Tall Tales and True from the Green Mountain State by Joseph A. Citro
- Stranglehold by Jack Ketchum
- Everyone Dies in the End by by Brian Katcher
- The Stargate Chronicles: Memoirs of a Psychic Spy by Joseph McMoneagle
- The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics by David Wallechinsky and Jaime Loucky
- The Crossings: A Terrifying Novel of the Old West by Jack Ketchum
- Closing Time and Other Stories by Jack Ketchum
- Mind Trek by Joseph McMoneagle
- Miraculous Journey by Anne and Whitley Strieber
- Temporary Hauntings by Craig Shaw Gardner
- Trumped!: The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump-His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall by John R. O’Donnell & James Rutherford
It should come as no surprise that Clive Barker’s audiobooks continue to dominate our sales, but the good news for us, our authors, and our narrators is that a: A lot of people got to help with the narration of those books and b: a lot of our other books have started to give them competition. I would also like to congratulate the narrators with the most success – Simon Vance, Kevin Pierce, Chet Williamson and Jeffrey Kafer. Below is a list of the top 25 bestselling audiobooks from Crossroad Press. Remember, if you buy your eBook first (particularly when said eBook is on sale) you can buy the audio at a discount in the Whispersync for voice program from Amazon – and if you are an Audible Member, all our books can be had for a single membership credit. If you have NEVER bought a book from Audible, the firs tone is free, and there are some great suggestions below. Many thanks to Jeffrey Kafer, who is the audio engineer who masters all of our audio files.
You can find our CURRENT bestselling audio (and all 550 titles) at THIS LINK … happy listening, and welcome to 2018!
- Imajica by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- Weaveworld by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- The Books of Blood – Volume 1 by Clive Barker – Narrated by
- Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- Great & Secret Show by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- The Hellbound Heart:by Clive Barker – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
- Far Journeys by Robert Monroe – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- Without Mercy: Obsession and Murder Under the Influence by Gary Provost – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- THE DAMNATION GAME by Clive Barker – Narrated by Simon Vance
- The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter – Narrated by Johnny Heller
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker – Narrated by Adam Verner
- The Books of Blood – Volume 2 by Clive Barker – Narrated by Hillary Huber, John Lee, Peter Bishop, Peter Berkrot, Jeffrey Kafer, and Chris Patton
- Everville: The Second Book of “the Art” by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- Cabal by Clive Barker – Narrated by Chet Williamson
- Aliens in the Backyard – UFOs, Abductions, and Synchronicity by Rob MacGregor & Trish MacGregor – Narrated by Kevin Pierce
- The Hellbound Heart[ by Clive Barker (abridged – narrated by the author)
- Blood Moon – A Robert Payne Mystery by Ed Gorman Narrated by Mark Douglas Nelson
- The Books of Blood – Volume 3 by Clive Barker Narrated by Chris Patton, Scott Brick, Xe Sands, Jeffrey Kafer, and Peter Bishop
- Cthulhu Armageddon by C.T. Phipps – Narrated by Jeffrey Kafer
All of the Print editions are back on sale at 40% off until the 31st of December… Use coupon code XmasSale to receive 40% off any purchase of print books at the site. Find our Print Editions HERE.
The rebuild of the online store continues. We have more than 650 of our products live, and more going up daily… Come back to the store often… pick up some books to read for the holidays… and please share the links…..and this newsletter.
I promise we will not bother you often. As soon as I figure out a way to put some eBooks on sale for the holidays, I will do so, but we don’t sell them directly in the store…. the reviews and sales are important to our authors on the major retail sites.
THE NEW STORE IS GROWING
As I load all of the books we’ve published one by one, I’m remembering the circumstances behind each – remembering why I love the people, and the books. For a very long time we’ve sort of rolled along, and I now feel as if I’ve done a disservice by not putting a store like this together sooner – I want to share some of the books, and the stories. I’ll be doing a lot of this in my own blog, because these posts – and this newsletter – are meant for sharing and promotion. I hope you will all do that – I hope if you are receiving this, you want to – please believe that we will never spam anyone, we just want you to know about all the words, and stories, audiobooks and more… if you know others who would be interested, please let them know.
Notable additions to the site this week include the works of New York Times Bestselling Author William Bayer – his Janek novels were made into TV movies (and the first of them, SWITCH, I caught being referenced on an episode of Castle a couple of years ago). His Kay Farrow novels, and the foreign detective series are amazing books, and his novel Hiding in the Weave a mystery set in a private school, along with City of Knives – the latest in his series of novels about foreign detectives – are Crossroad Press originals – published by us first… and we need to get that word out. He’s an amazing author.
Also original to us and available among all of his other works are the three books of Craig Shaw Gardner’s TEMPORARY MAGIC series … he’s funny, he’s clever, and these books will bring a serious smile. They are original to Crossroad Press…
That’s enough for one short note, but I want to leave you with some links. We have listed a lot of AUDIOBOOKS in the store …. we have over a hundred of the 400 titles we have in Kindle Unlimited live here… our print books are 20% off if bought through our site (if you see one not marked for sale let me know… I figured out how to do it after some of the print books were already on the site).
And don’t forget that all of the Stargate eBooks are available for direct order…
David Niall Wilson
CEO / Publisher – Crossroad Press
We are a little over 200 books into the rebuild of the store, and many of these books have print editions, some hardcovers, and some trade paperbacks. More than 50 of those books are listed currently on the site, and from now until Sunday at midnight, you can buy our print editions for 40% off cover price. The books included in the sale are listed under the print books category:
FIND THEM HERE USE CODE: BlackFriday at checkout to save 40%!
We will also be creating a SALE category. Books listed there will be small quantities we have on hand for one reason or another, some books from other publishers and signed, limited editions, all at bargain prices. While you are on the site, check out the rest of the books – there are links to all your favorite eBook retailers for each, as well as audiobook links, bios and pages for each author and narrator, and more.
Rebuilding our entire store is an astronomically large project. We have just about 150 products added back in, and now we are starting to add them in chunks. We have just added all of the products for author Ronald Kelly – who has a number of horror novels, collections, and a young adult novel with us. I’m writing this post, and will continue to write them as time permits, to show the look and feel of what we are doing. Any product that has a print edition you will be able to purchase here at our store. Any book with eBook editions, with the exception of the Stargate novels which you can buy directly from our store, will have links to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple iTunes, Kobo and Smashwords (or as many of those as the book is available at) as well as an Audible.com link for audioooks. Categories now include Kindle Unlimited so that if a customer is signed up for Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited program, they can find which books of ours are enrolled in that program. Right now there are over 400 of our 1600 or so titles in Kindle Unlimited… including our popular O.C.L.T. series and Paul Dale Anderson’s Instruments of Death forensic crime series.
All of the Stargate novels are live, all of Ronald Kelly, and a good sampling of other titles can now be purchased through our site, using Paypal or Stripe for Credit Card purchases. Check it out! Let us know what you think.
And Check out Ronald Kelly’s Author Category to see what is in store…multiply that times about 180 and we’re there!
We have been in need of this facelift for a very long time… Crossroad Press has grown well beyond the tiny dream I once had for it, and become a force in digital publishing, digital audio, as well as producing a growing print catalog. I am going to have to ask readers, customers, and authors to be patient with me. There are around 1600 titles in our catalog… nearly 180 authors. Each product and author has an entry in the store. I started by making all of the Stargate eBooks available, because, frankly those are the only eBooks anyone regularly buys here at our site, and we have an obligation to the wonderful folks at Fandemonium for trusting us with digital distribution for their books.
Next up will be the books that are either original to Crossroad Press – or that we have done print editions of. I want a good place for people to find and buy our books. I will be adding features like the chance to have any of them autographed by the author … this will require a fee just to ship the book to the author and on to customers, but should add a personal touch. There will be sales and coupons galore. Each product in the store will have links to audible.com for audiobooks, and to all of the retailers that we use for eBook distribution, as well as direct buy links for print editions. Each author will have their own drop page, and you can see the bare-bones start of that by clicking this image:
If you are WordPress savvy and (in particular) have experience with Woo Commerce and would like to help with the build, let me know at email@example.com.
Onward into the future!